Please leave me a comment if you see any videos missing in any posts, so I may replace them if I can. Thank you!

Friday, December 17, 2010

IS GOD’S LOVE UNCONDITIONAL?

Due to the misinformation spread by the "ecumenical movement," this message is worth repeating. I first posted it on 10/29/2010 when Friday Church News Notes published it. It has seen fit to do so again, and so will I!

Is God's Love Unconditional?

Most people are of the belief that God's love in unconditional! I have always disagreed with this stance. God prefaces everything with a conditional and an adverbial consequence to that condition! I have no doubt that God begins by loving all; how could He help it? He creates us!

But, He is not so foolish so as t0 be treated like a pushover! No! The loss is ours if it is that we do not merit His love! The consequence of what His word outlines must be accomplished without regard!

In fact, I challenge you to search for the phrase "unconditional love" in the Bible or find the concept that God unconditionally loves every person on earth being taught anywhere in Scripture. In fact, R.J. Rushdoony makes the bold claim that "unconditional love is contrary to the Bible."

This is not to suggest that God's love can be earned or merited.
But there is no doubt that the continued enjoyment of His love comes with conditions.



IS GOD’S LOVE UNCONDITIONAL? (Friday Church News Notes, December 17, 2010, www.wayoflife.org fbns@wayoflife.org, 866-295-4143) -

The good news of the gospel must begin with the bad news of sin and condemnation. This is how Paul preached the gospel in Romans. He began with nearly three chapters on man’s sinful, condemned condition before a holy God before he got to the good news of what Jesus did on the cross.

According to the emerging church, Christ’s love for sinners is unconditional, but this is not true.

His love is unfathomable and unmerited but not unconditional.

Consider the following statements that the Lord Jesus Christ made: “He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him” (John 14:21).

“I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned” (John 15:5-6).

“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in Heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity” (Matthew 7:21-23).

“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him” (John 3:36).

“I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish” (Luke 13:3).

Repent or perish is not the message of unconditional love!

...

hit counter
free web hit counter


...
...

No comments:

Post a Comment