He "preaches" at Ravenswood Baptist Church, in Chicago, Illinois.
This morning [January 4, 2012] I sent him an innocuous message that has culminated with him UNfriending me! You people, especially those who are part of the congregation where he "preaches," decide on the merits of his action! As for me, I truly want to throw up! Disgusting that such propose to "guide" any when it is they be so very misguided themselves! Here I copy and paste our exchange:
3 hours ago
Hello, Pastor Phil,
Why does your info page not specify EXACTLY in what it is you believe? I find some members of your congregation a bit conflicted as to Rapture, Dispensations, Grace, etc., who promote heresies on their pages. Looking up your page, I see not where you stand with these, either. Quite disappointing and very unsettling! One would think anyone in your position to make such very clear to any and all!
about an hour ago
Our website gives our doctrinal statement. Name one member of our church who is promoting any heresy.
about an hour ago
Goodness gracious! And your website is????
Why would I name anyone if I don't know that he is simply repeating what he hears from you?
about an hour ago
I would think that TRANSPARENCY would be in first order.
As you see, not even your website is easily found on your page!
10 minutes ago
HOW DISGUSTING! Rather than providing the website, you UNfriend me!
How very SCRIPTURAL! Now I see why there be some in your congregation to be very lost!
I shall make this your behavior public in the most productive way!
Here I googled and found the "website" for Ravenswood.
Anyone see in it a response to any of the questions I asked Phil Stringer, please point them out to me!
The site claims “Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord . . . .” (2 Timothy 1:8), but its "shepherd" seems to feel otherwise!
I can see this to be a very weak church! Phil Stringer, obviously, to be very ashamed of what he believes, since he is NOT willing to disclose it in any manner! What a shame!
Helga Hickman .
I am now listening to Phil Stringer's sermon: Saved By Grace Or Works
MY COMMENT IS WRITTEN AS I HEAR IT IN REAL TIME, and right from the start, he DOES NOT specify exactly why and when it is that Grace is in effect! He actually doesn't even mention the Price paid at Calvary by Jesus! Doesn't even mention the name of Jesus! My goodness! It makes me cringe! He goes completely off topic!
Finally in the seventh minute he names Jesus and the price paid, YET not specifying when was/is Grace in effect!
Praise God that listening to Pastor Bryan Denlinger I and any have learned and can learn so very much!
100% Scripture is all he teaches and preaches!
Our spiritual life depends on how much we put into it, says he. Well, if one puts garbage in, garbage is all one will get out! GIGO!
And here I surmise this to be another "father and son" business!
Stringer Jr. seems to work there, too!
Goodness gracious! Can he go on blabbing totally OFF TOPIC!
Incredible! But it seems this is ANOTHER 501c3 "government church!"
WOW! Here comes the end of the sermon, and worth nothing it is!
42 minutes out of which one can squeeze no more than a couple to be of any worth, and still not having learned anything!
Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15 (King James Bible)
This is something that Phil Stringer ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT DO!
Perhaps he knows not how to divide the word of God, and therefore cannot teach it! Grace to be an issue about which his congregation has not a clue. Grace the very issue that prompted I contact Phil Stringer, after a discussion with one member here on Facebook.
Who knows, they may "revamp" it!
Articles of Faith
We believe in:
- The absolute inspiration, authority, infallibility, and inerrancy of the Holy Scriptures.
- The Trinity—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—three independent persons and yet one person, the one true God.
- The incarnation, virgin birth, sinless life, death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Salvation by faith, based upon Christ’s atoning work on the cross of Calvary.
- The second coming of Jesus Christ.
- The Bible is the sole authority for faith and practice.
- Each local congregation should be independent and self governing.
- Local church membership should be composed of born-again, baptized believers; who assemble together for worship, Bible study, fellowship, and to carry out the Great Commission.
- Separation of church and state.
- There are two ordinances for the local church: baptism by immersion of believers only, and the Lord’s Supper.
- Each believer is a priest before the Lord.
- Each believer is responsible before the Lord for their own personal understanding of the Scripture and for obedience to the Bible.
We use only the King James Version of the Bible in our English services and programs.