Please leave me a comment if you see any videos missing in any posts, so I may replace them if I can. Thank you!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Lamp in the Dark: The untold history of the Bible

Fifty two years did I spend in the Roman Catholic Church! I grew up in a devout Portuguese household, where praying the rosary nightly on one's knees was believed to be more efficacious, together with endless novenas and the muttering of repeated prayers to "saints" expected to produce "miraculous" results! The mystical apparitions of Mary to have such hold on those around me. I was but 10 when I visited Fatima!

Then there were the endless recitations of the same prayers in grade school when in India, and throughout the Gymsanium curriculum in Brazil!

NEVER throughout my life as a Roman Catholic did I EVER as much as see a Bible! Granted, I knew that that is what the priest would read when saying Mass at the altar, that big book I never got to see up close! NO! Our readings "of the holy book" were done in bits and pieces, a verse here and there that perfectly fit the Mass of the day in the printed monthly "manuals!"

This the behavior of the everyday Roman Catholic, who never even thinks to get a Bible, so many be the other publications that are directed their way! TRADITION to have everything to do with the life of a Roman Catholic, a tradition that is not expected to be broken!

Yes, I say that this had hold of those around me because, for reasons I knew not at the time, I never felt "at home" during these recitations and beliefs.

Oh! I did look forward to communion when it was that I was to "ingest" my Lord! But Mary... she always posed a problem for me! If she was born "sinless," just what was the big deal that she was good? That was my rationalizing it at a very young age! Neither did I care for all the lighting of candles to dead people whose statues were all around! It really looked pagan to me!

Perhaps because, when in India, I saw statues in my Indian neighbor's house, to goddesses, and candles lit everywhere!

When I had occasion to go to Medjugorje, I who had always felt so out of place when these matters were discussed, keeping my skepticism to myself, begged God to please allow that I be a believer, to please show me a sign! Nothing! Nothing!

No one has ever left Medjugorje more disappointed than me!

Then, a simple sentence uttered during my viewing of a documentary on the life of Martin Luther on the Discovery Channel got my attention! I couldn't quite believe what I had heard! I searched the schedule to learn that it was going to be shown again, in the middle of the night!

I went to bed, but not before setting my alarm: I had to hear that statement again!

I did, when I viewed the documentary again: something to the effect that Luther, having been ordered by the Pope to teach theology at some institution thought he had better read the Bible to prepare himself!

WHAT??!! ONLY THEN DID HE THINK IT PROPER TO READ THE BIBLE??!! My goodness!! I really had to digest that! The more I thought about it, the more all began to make sense in the subsequent months!

Today, almost 11 years later, I KNOW no priest or pope has ever bothered to read the Scriptures, to really utilize them in their lives, they to be just a prop on their "altar to God!"

Now I understood why just a verse here and there was read, invariably taken totally out of context to fit their idolatrous tradition!

Then, a pastor Gilbert to whose church I had begun to go, the NFBC (Niagara Frontier Bible Church) that has become famous on this blog, voiced from the pulpit that just a 15-minute reading of the Bible per day would get one through the whole Bible in a year!

Had Pastor Gilbert come down from the pulpit and slapped my face I would not have been more stupefied!! My God! 15 minutes from my day! My day in which viewing the news was a never-ending chore!! What a wake-up call!

It was then that I read first the New Testament! No, I did not follow the 15-minute per day reading at the time. My curiosity was perked to read the New Testament first, which I did, for longer than 15-minute segments!

At first it was just an elemental reading, but, soon, very soon, I began to feel a rage growing within me, the more I read!! I had to re-read the New Testament, again, just to assimilate it, and the verdict was in: I HAD BEEN FOOLED! I HAD BEEN THOROUGHLY FOOLED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH!


I cannot begin to address the rage I felt! I deemed myself to be a very intelligent person: how could I have been so fooled about the very basic beliefs in my life?! Beliefs I related to my son, whom I raised in this CULT, whom I would not have been sad to have seen become a priest! I even joked with him that he looked so good in his altar-boy garb! I had an urge to confront the pope, himself, with this!!


Then reason prevailed and I decided that there had been nothing to prevent me from reading that Bible someone had given me back in 1975, I think, which had sat as new as ever all these years! The same bible that I wore out and bought a new one, just before finding out about the corrupted versions propagated by the Roman Catholic Church, this just this year, thanks to a dear friend I came to know through YouTube, Dave, from http://www.youtube.com/user/BereanBeacon
, one of which I held in my hands, the NASB version.

If there be just one Roman Catholic who will decide for himself or herself to read the true word of God... This the aim of my life! You need no "interpreters," nothing! God directed His word to the ordinary man! The apostles were just this!

One need but request with a pure heart, one need but have an open heart, to allow that the Holy Spirit do His work in it!

John 8:30-35 (King James Bible)

30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and
the truth shall make you free.

The truth made me free! I am under no yoke!

This, my dears, was told by Christ, Himself!!
Do not let ANYONE ELSE tell you differently!!

Christ, Himself, thought you to be sufficiently intelligent to learn His word!!

Do not profess to be a follower of Christ when it is that you discount His word!! Then it is that you are a liar!!


The untold history of the Bible

A Lamp in the Dark is an exciting new documentary that unfolds the fascinating "untold" history of the Bible, revealing critical information often overlooked in modern histories. Enter into a world of saints and martyrs battling against spies, assassins and wolves in sheep’s clothing.

Throughout the Middle Ages, the Papal Inquisition forbade biblical translation, threatening imprisonment and death to those who disobeyed. Learn the stories of valiant warriors of the faith, such as John Wycliffe, William Tyndale, Martin Luther, the ancient Waldenses, Albigenses and others who hazarded their lives for the sake of sharing the Gospel light with a world drowning in darkness.

Once the common people were able to read the Bible, the world was turned upside down through the Protestant Reformation. The Reformers subdued whole kingdoms by preaching the grace of God, and exposing the unbiblical doctrines of Rome. In response, the Vatican would launch a Counter Reformation to destroy the work of the Reformers, including the bibles they produced.


About the production

A Lamp in the Dark was filmed on locations in England and Belgium, and features never before seen interviews with leading Bible scholars, including David Brown, Roger Oakland, Alan O’Reilly, D.A. Waite and others. Also included are chief curators from the British Library in London, Erasmus House in Belgium, and the William Tyndale Museum in Vilvoorde, where Tyndale himself was burnt at the stake.

This ground-breaking documentary is also filled with rich visual graphics and dramatic re-enactments of key historic events.

Included in this 3 hour DVD:
  1. The history of the early Church, with the warnings from Jesus and the Apostles about "grievous wolves" and apostasy.

  2. How the Inquisition began for the purpose of silencing Christians and outlawing the Bible.

  3. The Bible translations of John Wycliffe and William Tyndale, the Great Bible, the Geneva Bible, and finally the King James Version.

  4. The Protestant Reformation and the reasons behind it.

  5. Key doctrines confronted by the Reformers (i.e. Indulgences, Inspiration of Scripture, Salvation, Transubstantiation, Veneration of Mary, and Papal claims of authority).

  6. The Counter Reformation which began with the founding of the Jesuit Order in 1540.

  7. The Vatican’s involvement with the Critical Text and their influence over world-wide biblical translation in the 20th century.


A Lamp in The Dark Trailer



cuttingwedge7 | November 18, 2009
This is an exciting documentray that shows the intriguing history of the Bible. Enter into a world of saints and martyrs battling against spies, assassins and wolves in sheep's clothing. 3 hour DVD. Available from http://www.cuttingedge.org

The History of the Holy Bible (Part 20/20) Documentary



Singlespokensentence | February 02, 2010
A Documentary By Adullam Films called "A lamp in the Dark: The Untold History of the Bible" that deals with the TRUE history of the Holy Bible. It explains the history of the persecution the Christians went through from the Roman Catholic Church and also exposes the Jesuits! A Must see!

[I just discovered that Bryan Denlinger had done a review of the above-mentioned video! I greatly treasure his opinion, and am including it here!]

A Lamp In The Dark Review



husky394xp | March 14, 2010
Just wanted to do a quick movie review of Chris Pinto's newest documentary video, "A Lamp In The Dark." It is very good and contains alot of great information. There are a few small things I would have done differently, but overall the video is excellent!

[Best of all, I learned the following tidbit that is very important to me:]
Good video: i bought it on your rec and it was worth it. Did you catch it at the end when the British Museum guy said that thinks Vaticanus is actually a 15th century manuscript? That's the first time I heard that; if that is true that is devastating for all those critical text people.
  • Yes, I have heard of this theory before. It is interesting that Vaticanus was unknown until the year 1475.
    It is also interesting to note that no Protestant has ever seen the original Vaticanus manuscript. The new version "scholars" are only given copies of it, from the Roman Catholic church!
    It seems funny to me that the modern "new" versions are said to be better than the KJV, and yet they all come from Roman Catholic manuscripts!

Now, isn't that funny!!

I agree with you to the point on this video. BTW, I heard him interviewed on radio and there is a 2nd video to come, which will probably go into the manuscript issues.
I am pretty sure that Pinto has only recently come around on the KJV issue. I have one of his earlier movies called, "Megiddo" and he quoted the "Good News Bible".
I prayed for him to open his eyes on this and now it appears the he is receiving the truth from the Lord on this matter. Praise the Lord!
  • I was actually contacted by the executive producer of this film, and he told me that the sequel to "Lamp In The Dark" will be focusing on attacking and exposing the new versions. Praise the Lord!
    I had seen the "Megiddo" film too, and bought the above video thinking it was going to be an unfair attack on the KJV.
    But it turned out to be a very strong defense of the KJV! It really is a good video, and is going to make some waves among the new version crowd!

Well, I know I look forward to viewing this sequel!
I had just ordered "A Lamp in the Dark" this afternoon!
...
...
...

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Gipp says in the last chapter of his book, "An Understandable History of the Bible":

    "We have taken a careful look at the true enemy of the Word of God, the Roman Catholic Church. In so doing, we have examined Rome's efforts and goals concerning the overthrow of the God-honored Universal Text. We have seen that in the past, this organization has been ruthless in her attempt to exterminate both Christians and their Bible. We can be confident that her goals have not changed."

    Just today I got the DVD I had ordered: "A Lamp in the Dark." Although I already knew a lot of what was in it, it was horrifying to view statements by the RC Popes of the past who have so exalted themselves,... and about which, I am certain, Roman Catholics do not know nor have ever heard! It is stomach-turning their placing themselves in God's place.

    I thought hearing John Paul II say: "You don't have to go to God for forgiveness; come to me!" was a novelty. Through this film I see it was a most common factor throughout the papacy! The pope claiming to be "God!"

    It is the responsibility of every self-respecting Roman Catholic to view and learn of the sordid story of the papacy, of the Roman Catholic Church, and to learn that they cannot remain in it if it is they value their Eternal Salvation!


    3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

    4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. - 2 Thess 2:3-4 (King James Bible)

    We know that it is the office of the Pope who have opposed and exalted itself throughout the ages! It is but the Roman Catholic Church which embodies the whore drenched in the blood of the saints, in Revelation! It is the truth, and the sooner innocent Roman Catholic knows to discern it, the better! Time is scarce! Please make it count!

    May the Holy Spirit open your eyes!
    May the Father draw you near!

    ReplyDelete