Last night, this is what I saw on my Facebook feed, and was so very dismayed with it! Small wonder, such be so lost and distressed.
I haven't the time now, but will address these who have participated in Brian Hugh Griffith's post, to include Brian. I don't have him as a friend, so I will have to send him a message. Perhaps, even he and the others will come to realize, that ours is NOT a God of confusion! Much to the contrary! The plan of salvation that God has for man is so very orderly!
- Why "Christianity looks "FAKE"?
The "Christians" who streetpreach hard on "sin" yet explain away Mark 16:18 and James 5:14-15, Acts 5:15,, Acts 19:12 and have no power of God even to heal the hiccups in Jesus name. Go ask any oe em why all they can do is wave a Bible in the air and yell at people yet could never heal anybody of anything at all and when they themselves or family members are sick they go right on to the secular Dr rather than follow James 5:14-15. All they do is make up excuses for why healing in the name of Jesus never happens in streetpreaching outside of the Bible itself. Either The Bible is in error, or there is not a single known streetpreacher in the USA that has any "Holy Spirit/ Holy Ghost in em whatsoever.
Ask about the verses and listen to the adhoc answers you get from em. You might get thrown 1 Timothy 5:23 and/or 2 Timothy 4:20 yet all thoses verses do is straight up contradict Mark 16:18 , James 5:14-15 , Acts 5:15,, Acts 19:12.
Christianity is fake and all you gotta do is compare "Christian" lives with the Bible they claim to believe is true and you see either either one or both are lying. They will claim they themselves are not lying about believing it so that leaves the lying up to whoever wrote the Bible since 1 Corinthians 14:33 and John 16:13 do not match reality and the anti common sense verses you are then obligated to toss at unbelievers are
1 Corinthians 2:14 and 1 Corinthians 1:18
Just imagine how stupid it is for a certain Pastor, a very strict KJV preacher to take his own streetpreaching dad to a secular eye Dr to get eyes fixed rather than healing him in the "name of Jesus" as Peter, Paul and Jesus himself would do according to the same "Bible" he is telling you to believe. Not yet ever seen a preacher who did not directly contradict Mark 16:18 and James 5:14-15, Acts 5:15,, Acts 19:12 all the while wanting you to believe Revelation 20:11-15 and Revelation 21:8.
- Brian Hugh Griffith Jack, I do not know an exact alternative as I use to be so "sure" about Christianity & KJV as even your book "WBWJU" that either the KJV was it or wasn't preserved Though I no longer believe the KJV & "Christianity" is what I thought it was. Everything sure looks designed/created & we had to have gotten our conscience & basic right/wrong from somewhere I just no longer believe the God presented in the Bible is the source of morality as the Old Testament tramples that basic right & wrong over & over & can't reconcile verses like Numbers 31:17-18. with Jesus Christ
All I did was stop being an apologist & imagine what "The Bible" & & Christianity would look like if was fake & just man made with no John 16:13 Spirit leading anybody & pretty much found that's what it looks like from the manuscript issues to the printing errors to the many denominations all claiming "Holy Spirit" guidance no healing accompanying street preaching. Even in KJV Only groups put 4 pastors in room & get confusion on so many items which makes no sense with 1Cor 14:33
I cannot think of anything that would be different than it is if Christianity were found fake though can think of several things that would show legit. I just couldn't ignore the issues anymore & had to acknowledge that my whole " born again" experience lasting several years was likely a religious psychological simulacrum.
I could be wrong though I cannot ignore the issues & defend The Bible anymore as my doubts overtook my belief
- Jack McElroy Hi Brian, I know what you mean about all the difficulties in the Bible.
I always go back to that there has to be a God. And unless he reveals himself we're out of luck.
The Lord Jesus Christ is the lynchpin of faith.
I can't explain all the Bible difficulties but it's the only thing that makes sense to me.
- Brian Hugh Griffith I understand what you mean Jack Though I just researched my way right into unbelief having read your book David Daniel books (a few) Peter Ruckman books James White book & Bart Euhrman book. & others
I know how can fall into the trap of reading more books about The Bible than reading The Bible itself so tried to balance that out & cAme out in unbelief
- Brian Hugh Griffith Only alternative I have is agnosticism or one might say "atheist" meaning lack of belief in specific "theistic" God yet "agnostic" in that I don't know who created us though I believe that The Bible's manuscript issues then KJV printing errors make it seem like man alone preserved it with no supernatural assistance.
- Brian Hugh Griffith Beth compare Numbers 31:17-18 with Jesus' words in Matt chap 5 chap 6 and chap 7 (sermon on mount considering Hebews 13:8
Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man,
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
Basically Beth, that is Moses by order of the Lord God telling the Israelite soldiers to kill the mom's and dad's and brothers and sisters who are not virgins but to keep the young virgin girls alive for themselves.......
Think about what soldiers would want young virgin girls kept alive for themselves for..
Keep in mind, in Christianity Jesus Christ is supposed to be that Lord God in the flesh so that would be Jesus Christ giving the order to Moses for the Israelite soldiers "kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man,
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."
That then contradicts Hebrews 13:8 that says "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." as the sermon on mount words of Jesus contradict Numbers 31:17-18
Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also."
"love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,