Please leave me a comment if you see any videos missing in any posts, so I may replace them if I can. Thank you!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

THE MESSAGE "bible!"

This is posted in conjunction with the previous post:

"THE MESSAGE" or, as it should be known, the bible on the absurd and the utterly irrational!

Also see Thee and Thou

THE MESSAGE BIBLE: AN UNEDIFYING MESS 1/5



vekl | July 20, 2009

Here is a short series on why I personally have problems with the paraphrase bible called The Message. Watch and listen to my reasons. I like to think some might agree with whats being said but feel free to return comments and criticism. Im willing to learn.

THE MESSAGE BIBLE: MISSED THE BOAT? 2/5


vekl | July 20, 2009 | likes, 2 dislikes

When it comes to reading where God passes judgment upon a person or a group of people, I dont think thats something that ought to be taken lightly. Unfortunately, Im not quite sure if the Message translation takes judgment seriously.

THE MESSAGE BIBLE: SEX, SEX, AND MORE SEX!!! 3/5



vekl | July 20, 2009

I dont believe that the Message teaches promiscuity, but there is some language in this version that I probably would not use. Its little irreverent to me, but thats my opinion.

THE MESSAGE BIBLE: HELTER SKELTER 4/5



vekl | July 21, 2009

Why is the term helter skelter in the bible? I cannot help but to wonder if Eugene Peterson, the founder of the Message, was trying to pay homage to the Beatles or Charles Manson.

THE MESSAGE BIBLE: AS ABOVE SO BELOW 5/5



vekl | July 21, 2009

Why would Mr. Peterson place a term in the bible that is most commonly used within pagan and cultic circles? Hmmmm..


In this last video I placed several comments I here disclose:


  • You know, what truly sickened me through these worse than "The Message" was your constant apologies for that in which you believe! SHAME ON YOU! ANY TRUE CHRISTIAN IS TO BOLDLY PROCLAIM THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD, and not claim "not to criticize" those who chose to be ignorant of it!!

    15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

    16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

    Rev 3:15-17 (King James Bible)


  • You flatter yourself if you think you are old-fashioned!

    Old fashion means NOT COMPROMISING!!

    And, in your words "I am all for simplifying the King James Bible!!"

    The King James Bible is superior to all modern translations in that it preserves the distinction between the singular and plural pronouns. This is extremely important so one knows EXACTLY to whom any one sentence is addressed!

    JUST HOW DO YOU SIMPLIFY THAT WHICH IS ALREADY MADE CLEAR?


  • "And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou (singular)? Hast thou (singular) considered my servant Job? Then Satan answered the LORD Hast not thou (singular) made an hedge about him," (Job 1:7,8,10)

    "And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you (plural), that he may sift you (plural) as wheat: But I have prayed for thee (singular), and when thou (singular) art converted, strengthen thy (singular) brethren." (Luke 22:31,32)


  • "And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee (singular): nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you (plural)." (1.Cor.12:21)

    I am very happy to have these videos to present to others, even posted them on my blog, with the exception that you are willing to compromise your belief in the King James Bible!

    I pray you will reconsider this in future!

    You will find the application of "Thee and Thou" on my blog, and in the comments section of my channel!

    God bless you!



...

website hit counter
website hit counters


...
...

No comments:

Post a Comment