Try Answering These From Your NIV
By Rex L. Cobb
Using the New International Version Bible, answer the following questions to this NIV quiz.
Do not rely on your memory. As the Bible is the final authority, you must take the answer from the Bible verse (not from footnotes but from the text).
- Fill in the missing words in Matthew 5:44. "Love your enemies,__________ them that curse you, ______________ to them that hate you, and pray for them that __________ and persecute you."
- According to Matthew 17:21, what two things are required to cast out this type of demon?
- According to Matthew 18:11, why did Jesus come to earth?
- According to Matthew 27:2, what was Pilate's first name?
- In Matthew 27:35, when the wicked soldiers parted His garments, they were fulfilling the words of the prophet. Copy what the prophet said in Matthew 27:35 from the NIV.
- In Mark 3:15, Jesus gave the apostles power to cast out demons and to: ____________
- According to Mark 7:16, what does a man need to be able to hear?
- According to Luke 7:28, what was John? (teacher, prophet, carpenter, etc.). What is his title or last name?
- In Luke 9:55, what did the disciples not know?
- In Luke 9:56, what did the Son of man not come to do? According to this verse, what did He come to do?
- In Luke 22:14, how many apostles were with Jesus?
- According to Luke 23:38, in what three languages was the superscription written?
- In Luke 24:42, what did they give Jesus to eat with His fish?
- John 3:13 is a very important verse, proving the deity of Christ. According to this verse (as Jesus spoke), where is the Son of man?
- What happened each year as told in John 5:4?
- In John 7:50, what time of day did Nicodemus come to Jesus?
- In Acts 8:37, what is the one requirement for baptism?
- What did Saul ask Jesus in Acts 9:6?
- Write the name of the man mentioned in Acts 15:34.
- Study Acts 24:6-8. What would the Jew have done with Paul? What was the chief captain's name? What did the chief captain command?
- Copy Romans 16:24 word for word from the NIV.
- First Timothy 3:16 is perhaps the greatest verse in the New Testament concerning the deity of Christ. In this verse, who was manifested in the flesh?
- In the second part of First Peter 4:14, how do [they] speak of Christ? And, what do we Christians do?
- Who are the three Persons of the Trinity in First John 5:7?
- Revelation 1:11 is another very important verse that proves the deity of Christ. In the first part of this verse Jesus said, "I am the A______________ and O___________, the _________ and the _______:"
Conclusion: Little space is provided for your answers, but it's much more than needed. If you followed the instructions above, you not only failed the test, you receive a big goose egg.
(Ed. These are all missing in the NIV.) So now what do you think of your "accurate, easy to understand, up to date Bible"?
It is actually advertised as the "inerrant word of God" in Niagara Frontier Bible Church's "welcome pamphlet," of Lewiston, NY, the church to which Debbie Prohaska goes, she who "studied about the bible versions!"
The New International Version first came out in 1973.
Then it was "revised" in 1978.
Then it was revised AGAIN in 1984!
Then, I believe, AGAIN, in 2001.
Calling it revised got old, so in 2005 they called it the Today's New International Version!
AWESOME, ISN'T IT?
In its "A Word to the Reader," it assures the reader:
"There is a sense in which the work of translating the bible is never finished This very fact has prompted the committee to engage in an ongoing review of the text of the NIV with the assistance of many other scholars. The chief goal of this review has always been to bring the text of the NIV abreast of contemporary biblical scholarship and of shifts of English idiom and usage. Already in 1978 and again in 1984 various corrections and revisions to the NIV text were made. In the TNIV the committee offers to the reading public the latest fruits of its review."
We all know that in the NIV Matthew 17:21 is omitted but found in the footnotes of the NIV, but, in the TNIV Matthew 17:21 is nowhere to be found!!
It goes on to state:
"Mark 16:9-20 and John 7:53, 8:11, although long accorded virtually equal status with the rest of the gospels in which they stand, have a very questionable-and confused-standing in the textual history of the NT as noted in the bracketed annotations in which they are set up.
"The Committee has again been reminded that every human effort is flawed-including this revision of the NIV. We trust, however, that many will find in it an improved representation of the word of God, through which they fear his call to faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and service in his kingdom."
The Committee on Bible Translation
And it has promised a NEW edition next year, which is to be GENDER NEUTRAL!!
IS THIS A BOOK YOU WISH TO CALL THE INERRANT WORD OF GOD??!!
If you would like to improve your score, and in fact score 100%, you can take this test using the Authorized (King James) Bible, which has been and IS the INERRANT WORD OF GOD IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE, which has NEVER been "revised," nor ever will be!! The King James Bible is free of errors, omissions, and additions as an irrefutable matter of historical fact!
There are three changes to the KJV since 1611.
1. 1612: Typography (from Gothic to Roman type).
2. 1629 & 1638: Correction of typographical errors.
3. 1762 & 1769: Standardization of spelling.
The 'Board of Managers' of the in 1852 determined that
"The English Bible as left by the translators has come down to us unaltered in respect to its text.
"With the exception of typographical errors and changes required by the process of orthography [spelling] in the English language, the text of our present Bibles remains unchanged, and without variations from the original copy as left by the translators." (Report of the Committee on Versions to the Board of Managers of the American Bible Society, 1852, pp. 7,11 as cited by George T. Crabb)
THE KING JAMES BIBLE IS PERFECT!
IT IS THE PRESERVED WORD OF GOD
OF WHICH HE HAS ASSURED US IN HIS WORD!!
"The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever" (Psalm 12:6-7)
It will celebrate its 400th anniversary next year!!
It was "THE BOOK" of your grandparents!
It's produced more fruit than any other Bible in history!
What does the NIV have against Jesus?
Find out what else is missing!
Back to Bible versions information page
Books available from Chick on Bible versions.
©1984-2010 Chick Publications, Inc. All rights reserved. Some portions of www.chick.com are copyrighted by others and reproduced by permission, as indicated by copyright notices on individual pages.
|free web counter|