Please leave me a comment if you see any videos missing in any posts, so I may replace them if I can. Thank you!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

LEAVE ME NOT ALONE: THE PRAYER OF A CONVERTED JEW

This beautiful poem is taken from the previous post:

The Drummer Boy: A Christian Hero of the American War


LEAVE ME NOT ALONE:

THE PRAYER OF A CONVERTED JEW


Dedicated to my Dear Friend, E. Payson Hammond


My life is filled with sad regrets;
No peace attends my way;
Each day the sun in darkness sets,
Oh, hear me Lord, I pray:
Oh, let me not in darkness rove,
But melt my heart of stone;
Accept my faint attempts at love,
And fix my heart on things above.
Come, Holy Spirit, heavenly dove,
Oh leave me not alone.


Indulgent God of love and power,
To Thee for help I fly;
Be with me at this solemn hour,
And hear my contrite sigh;
Renew my heart and be my Guide
To Thy celestial throne:
Oh, let me see Thy wounded side;
I come to Thee, the crucified; Lord,
condescend to be my Guide,
Oh, leave me not alone.


My heart with inward horror shrinks,
I feel this load of sin;
Far from the shadow of Thy wings,
All darkness is within.
Now, take me, Lord, into Thy care,
And melt my heart of stone;
My load is more than I can bear,
And Thou didst not disdain to hear
The publican in fervent prayer,
Oh, leave me not alone.


I know Thou canst not let me go –
Thy blood for me was shed;
Now let me sink beneath its flow,
And raise me from the dead,
And bid me stretch my withered arm
To Thee whose love is shown,
And grasp Thy mantle with its charm
To take from Death its dread alarm,
And then, reclining on Thine arm,
I shall not be alone.


My first prayer to Jesus I shall never forget. It was as follows: "O Lord Jesus Christ, if Thou art the Son of God; if Thou art the Saviour of the world; if Thou art the Jews’ Messiah for whom we Jews are still looking; and if Thou canst convert sinners as Christians say, Thou canst convert me, for I am a sinner, and I will promise to serve Thee all the days of my life."


Please read the previous post! It is an extremely poignant account of how Dr. Rossvally converted, and how he was ostracized by his own mother, who cursed him for it!


The Drummer Boy: A Christian Hero of the American War


...

web counter

...

...

No comments:

Post a Comment