Please leave me a comment if you see any videos missing in any posts, so I may replace them if I can. Thank you!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

He that believeth on him hath everlasting life: INSTANTLY!


...It is not a "process!"


Verily, verily, I say unto you,

He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me,

hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation;

but is passed from death unto life.

John 5:24 (King James Bible)



He that believeth on Him





Do not tell me that a sinner who believes in Jesus is to make an advance before he can say he is saved, that a man who trusts Christ is only on the way to salvation, and must wait until he has used the ordinances, and has grown in grace, before he may know that he is saved. No, the moment that the sinner’s trust is placed on the finished work of Jesus he is saved. Heaven and earth may pass away, but that man shall never perish. If only one second ago I trusted the Savior I am safe, just as safe as the man who has believed in Jesus fifty years, and who has all that while walked uprightly. I do not say that the new born convert is as happy, nor as useful, nor as holy, nor as ripe for heaven, but I do say that the words, “he that believeth on him hath everlasting life,” is a truth with general bearings, and relates as much to the babe in faith as it does to the man who has attained to fullness of stature in Jesus Christ.


From a sermon by Charles Haddon Spurgeon entitled "Faith And Regeneration," delivered March 5, 1871. Image by John Davey under Creative Commons License.

...

website hit counter
website hit counters


...
...

No comments:

Post a Comment