Please leave me a comment if you see any videos missing in any posts, so I may replace them if I can. Thank you!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Reverend - An Unbiblical Human Title by Dr. Scott Johnson, and meeting another FALSE TEACHER!

In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;

- 2 Corinthians 11:26 (King James Bible)

Last night when visiting a local church (Destination Life Fellowship) I was being introduced to someone behind me when suddenly there arose an exchange between them which I found very strange! It seems the guy behind me claimed "I am also called reverend!" He seemed upset he was slighted as to his title!!

Well, just an hour before, when first downstairs sitting for a meal, this same individual, who sat across from me, claimed that this church's pastor lauded the NIV, which he also uses!

Thus it was, at the end of the service, after having talked with a couple of people who believed the NASB to be the best version, I was happy to go to my car and get a few more of Bryan Denlinger's DVD's The Real Bible Version Issue EXPOSED!! packaged with a Jesus-is-Savior article "Why would anyone use the NIV?" (I am amazed I have not posted this as yet. It will be my next post!) and went back to the fellowship hall where all were gathered.

The young man who had made the claim about the NASB wanted to write down what I had told him. I referred him to this blog, and gave him a package. The slighted "reverend" was next to him, and I made sure he got one. Then I gave it to a third person, when it was the church's pastor was calling me aside. I followed him and another individual into the hallway.

"I know what you are doing, and it is not allowed here!" I asked him, what was I doing? "You are promoting King James Only and you are not allowed to do it here!" while at the same time grabbing what I had in my hand! His name, which I had forgotten, is "Rev." Mark Perkins! It says so in the bulletin I was handed!

I quickly withdrew from his grasp, got one package and said "You can have only that one! Sorry, the Bible says 'Go out and teach,' and that is what I am doing!" and went back into the fellowship area, gave out a couple more (to include to one who has this as an outreach ministry, Debbie Prohaska, but whose church is NFBC, and who claims to have heard nothing about the 52 DVD's given out last May at NFBC, that caused Billy Crone to give a lame rebuttal, which you may read on Answering Billy Crone IN AN EDUCATED, KNOWLEDGEABLE MANNER -- Sorry! I don't believe her!) and left walking right in between the two on my way out, who were still in the hallway! I didn't even bother to give either a look!

The interesting thing is that this same pastor, Mark Perkins, upon hearing of my being there, at the invitation of a Wally, who happened to have the King James Bible in his hands earlier that afternoon, when I was at a diner with a friend, who claimed he'd be preaching a certain sermon that night, (which did not take place), had taken him to his library from which he had come with books on several translations, to include James White's "The King James Only Controversy!!" When I asked him why would he read such garbage, he responded, "I like to expand my mind!" I must remark that upon flipping the pages, there was not a single marking, the book appearing to have been unread!! Nevertheless, "recommended" reading by this false teacher, "Rev." Mark Perkins!

This would be hilarious if it weren't so sad! This the same Wally who told me he does not have a computer because he didn't care for all the garbage it offers! I am sure he meant the Internet! I pointed out to him that he was getting worse garbage on hard copy reading James White! Given him by his pastor, no less!

I guess my placing the DVD's on the cars was safer! The abuse that he would become physical and try to grab what I had out of my hand!

I have to relate the most unsavory experience of having attended the "service":

We began by singing "O little town of Bethlehem!" I was baffled! (Here, I had originally written "star" instead of "town!" I guess this slight was due to the fact that the "pastor" went on and on about the appearing of the star, which he correctly stated, was not on "Christmas Day!" Then, pray tell, why sing this carol on this the first Sunday of Advent?)

Then was sung some other Christmas carol, some "contemporary music" which wording was on a screen and perfectly not visible to any who sat beyond the first three rows, all of it accompanied through recorded music!

In the pews sat hymnals that went untouched throughout the entire service!
I guess singing a cappella is out of the question in this "church!"

Oh! Yes, I had to hold on to my seat when it was that the pastor said that God had spoken to Joseph! He corrected that by saying it was an angel. Then he states that the angel told Joseph he was going to have a son! This blasphemy he never corrected!

Small wonder that such unprepared, unknowing "men" presume to take to the pulpit! By the way, the bible used in this "Destination Life Fellowship" is the New King James! (Ha Ha Ha! Just corrected another typo: I had written Fellowhip! This, for certain, a Freudian slip!! For this church, through such ignorant shepherding, does no more than downgrade its members!)

Reverend: An Unbiblical Human Title



Reverend: An Unbiblical Human Title
7/15/2007


This is a brief teaching on the unbiblical human title of “Reverend”. The bulk of this teaching comes from an email exchange between Pastor Slattery and a man who believes that the title of “Reverend” is perfectly fine for a minister. Pastor Slattery points out many Biblical examples of how this title should not be applied to a minister, but to God only: “Psalm 111:9: He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name. Is your Pastors name HOLY? Is his Name Reverend? The word Reverend is the word most translated: FEAR, Afraid, and Terrible. The term is used literally hundreds of times in the OT in reference to a God and his people where they are told to Fear the Lord. For his full teaching on this subject please click the link below.



There is no PDF for this teaching.



Revelation 19 (King James Bible)

1And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
2For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
3And again they said, Alleluia And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
4And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
5And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
6And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

NO SUCH HUMILITY TO BE FOUND
IN SOME OF THE POMPOUS "CLERGY" AROUND!

...





...
...

No comments:

Post a Comment