Please leave me a comment if you see any videos missing in any posts, so I may replace them if I can. Thank you!

Monday, February 14, 2011

The "art" of saying "Thank you!" by Helga Hickman

As parents we anxiously await our child's saying his or her first words! It is an awesomely rewarding and unforgettable experience, especially if amidst the jibber-jabber we can recognize a clear "Mama," or "Papa!'

But, as I become a more "experienced" being living amongst many, some civilized and some not, I have come to realize that the very first words we should endeavor to teach our children should be "Thank you!" Indeed, there are no more gratifying words than these, which are so very seldom heard in today's society which feels it has coming whatever good it can get, and no thanks are needed for what is due to begin!

I have a wonderful Christian brother who daily sends me a Bible verse which very often I will put up on my YouTube channel. Every so often, I thank him, for I want him to know that I notice his kindness. Just a couple of days ago he sent me:

But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.

¶ II Thessalonians 3 : 13

which I posted on my channel adding: "Ah! Isn't this hard!"

Indeed it is! One's heart bleeds for lack of recognition of acts of kindness, some of which cost us so much thought and financially more than we could afford, perhaps, and/or even our health at times, and for the receipt of which there is no acknowledgment nor a single "Thank you!" is heard! I have just lived through three such experiences, back to back to back, involving three different people!

15And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back,
and with a loud voice glorified God,
16And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks:
and he was a Samaritan.
17And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed?
but where are the nine?
Luke 17:15-17 (King James Bible)

But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.

¶ II Thessalonians 3 : 13

Ah! Isn't this hard!

But I also just had ONE who thanked me so,
the thought of which warms my heart!


Thus for that one that comes and thanks you makes it all worthwhile, and for this ONE I will continue to do things for others, I am certain!

...




...
...

No comments:

Post a Comment