Please leave me a comment if you see any videos missing in any posts, so I may replace them if I can. Thank you!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

From Brother Cloud's Heart - My Warning About West Coast in Perspective

From Brother Cloud's Heart - My Warning About West Coast in Perspective


March 8, 2011 (David Cloud, Fundamental Baptist Information Service, P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061, 866-295-4143, fbns@wayoflife.org)

March 8, 2011 (David Cloud, Fundamental Baptist Information Service, P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061, 866-295-4143, fbns@wayoflife.org; for instructions about subscribing and unsubscribing or changing addresses, see the information paragraph at the end of the article) -

I love the brethren in Christ and thank the Lord for every preacher and every saint in every church that is trying to glorify Christ in this wicked world and to live according to His holy Word.

I look forward to the day when this sinful world will be behind us and all tears will be wiped away and we will have joy in the presence of our Savior forever.

I also look forward earnestly to the day in Glory when there will be no divisions among God’s people and we will all be “straightened out” in every matter and there will be a oneness that is not possible in this present world.

Until that time, I have no greater desire than to see IB churches grow and prosper and return to their former strength and power, that we might win many souls for Jesus Christ while there is still opportunity, and that we might offer a bastion of holiness, purity and truth from the filth and pollutions of this world. That is exactly what this poor man found 38 years ago this coming summer when as a brand new believer the Lord clearly and plainly directed my feet to a little Independent Baptist church in Florida, where my Christian life was put on a good Bible foundation and my feet were set correctly in the paths of righteousness.

We have recently published a string of articles on issues related to the current influx of contemporary music into many independent Baptist churches and ministries. We are convinced that this is one of the ways that the world can pollute the church and stain its purity and that it is the road to end-times apostasy. In fact, we can see with our own eyes the many once-strong churches that have fallen already, and in every case the contemporary music has been at the very heart and soul of the change. That cannot be a coincidence.

Of necessity, I felt that we should be very specific about what is happening even to the point of naming the name of a pastor and an institution.

If I have offended people within various camps around the US and the world, that has not been my intention, and it grieves me that offense should come upon an IB preacher who is just trying to do right. However, I do see that there are great dangers afoot, and I have a passion to try to do something about it.

Music is one of the most powerful forces in the modern world. We would all do well to take notice of the ever-increasing foothold that worldly music is gaining in our churches. A wise pastor will do everything in his power to learn about the sound of it, the ways it is used, and the ways it can cripple his church.

I have been saying for years that it is far, far better to err on the side of being too “strict” in regard to music than not strict enough. It is not a time to erase boundaries and play footsie with CCM. There are too many real spiritual monsters on the other side of those sacred walls, waiting to devour the unwise.

Let me also say that I pray that the best years for Lancaster Baptist Church and West Coast Baptist College and for Paul Chappell’s ministry are ahead of them and that nothing will hinder the growth and usefulness of that ministry which has helped many of God’s people in so many ways. That is my heart's desire and fervent prayer.

Through this “battle” I have prayed for Pastor Chappell as fervently as any preacher I have ever prayed for. I realize that he probably considers me an enemy, and that is certainly understandable, but I have shed many bitter tears over this matter in general and over him in particular over the past two weeks. I hope he won’t consider me an enemy, and if he believes that I handled my warning wrong, that he will forgive me anyway and love me in Christ and see to hear my heart and my passion and the essence of my warning.

I am not infallible; I’m just a weak man trying to do right. I am well aware that I will give account to the Lord for the use of my pen, and it often frightens me, as it should.

____________________________

Distributed by Way of Life Literature's Fundamental Baptist Information Service, an e-mail listing for Fundamental Baptists and other fundamentalist, Bible-believing Christians. Established in 1974, Way of Life Literature is a fundamental Baptist preaching and publishing ministry based in Bethel Baptist Church, London, Ontario, of which Wilbert Unger is the founding Pastor. OUR GOAL IN THIS PARTICULAR ASPECT OF OUR MINISTRY IS NOT DEVOTIONAL BUT IS TO PROVIDE INFORMATION TO ASSIST PREACHERS IN THE PROTECTION OF THE CHURCHES IN THIS APOSTATE HOUR. This material is sent only to those who personally subscribe to the list. If somehow you have subscribed unintentionally, following are the instructions for removal. The Fundamental Baptist Information Service mailing list is automated. To SUBSCRIBE, go to http://www.wayoflife.org/wayoflife/subscribe.html . TO UNSUBSCRIBE OR CHANGE ADDRESSES, go to the very bottom of any email received from us and click "Manage My Subscription." If you have any trouble with this, please let us know. We take up a quarterly offering to fund this ministry, and those who use the materials are expected to participate (Galatians 6:6) if they can. Some of the articles are from O Timothy magazine, which is in its 27th year of publication. Way of Life publishes many helpful books. The catalog is located at the web site: http://www.wayoflife.org/publications/index.html. Way of Life Literature, P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061. 866-295-4143, fbns@wayoflife.org. We do not solicit funds from those who do not agree with our preaching and who are not helped by these publications, but only from those who are. OFFERINGS can be made at http://www.wayoflife.org/wayoflife/makeanoffering.html. PAYPAL offerings can be made to https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=dcloud%40wayoflife.org


WAY OF LIFE LITERATURE SHARING POLICY: Much of our material is available for free, such as the hundreds of articles at the Way of Life web site. Other items we sell to help fund our very expensive literature, video, and foreign church planting ministry. Way of Life’s content falls into two categories: sharable and non-sharable. Things that we encourage you to share include the audio sermons, video presentations, O Timothy magazine, and FBIS articles. You are free to make copies of these at your own expense and share them with friends and family. You are also welcome to use excerpts from the articles. All we ask is that you give proper credit. Things we do not want copied and distributed freely are items like the Fundamental Baptist Digital Library, print edition of our books, PDFs of the books, etc. These items have taken years to produce at enormous expense in time and money, and we need the income from the sale of these to help fund the ministry. We trust that your Christian honesty will preserve the integrity of this policy.

...

safariguideafrica.com
safariguideafrica.com

...

No comments:

Post a Comment