Please leave me a comment if you see any videos missing in any posts, so I may replace them if I can. Thank you!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What if Brother Cloud is Wrong About the West Coast Thing? by David Cloud

These foolish naysayers need to get a life and move on!!

This was not a "within one church" issue, thus, Matthew 18 would not apply!
Warning others of the Devil's wiles is called for in the Bible! Especially in this case where Pastor David Cloud is exercising his duties as a good shepherd for the many who listen to him!

In any instance, NOW the West Coast Baptist College has been aware of the harm they may do with their music: LET'S SEE IF THIS ALONE WILL PROMPT THEM TO CHANGE!!

If it is Scripture they will apply...

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (King James Bible)



What if Brother Cloud is Wrong

About the West Coast Thing?


March 2, 2011 (David Cloud, Fundamental Baptist Information Service, P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061, 866-295-4143, fbns@wayoflife.org)

WHAT IF BROTHER CLOUD IS WRONG ABOUT THE WEST COAST THING?

March 2, 2011 (David Cloud, Fundamental Baptist Information Service, P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061, 866-295-4143, fbns@wayoflife.org; for instructions about subscribing and unsubscribing or changing addresses, see the information paragraph at the end of the article) -

A missionary wrote to say in a very gracious manner that he does not agree that I should have published a warning about West Coast Baptist College’s music without first contacting Pastor Paul Chappell. He said that publishing my warning after he had opportunity to reply would have given me more credibility and that all of the people he has spoken to about this believe the same way. He closed with these words: “You have a blessed, powerful, needed ministry. I have been blessed as have many others over the years by your publishing. Is it possible you were wrong this time?”

REPLY FROM BROTHER CLOUD

After thanking him for taking the time to write, I replied in part as follows:

As for your question, could I be wrong on this. Of course I could be wrong. I am just one weak little man. But I don't think I'm wrong and I'm the one who had to make the decision and I'm the one who has prayed about and thought about it more than anyone, and I'm the one who has to give account for it and who has to live with it. (And my pastor supports what I did.)

As for taking a vote, as I said I have no doubt you are in the majority, but among those who have written to me (probably something like 200 so far, just guessing) the vast majority have thanked me profusely and supported me wholeheartedly (I have printed a bunch of those). This thing is not going to be decided on a democratic basis, though.

I might be wrong. Then again, the majority of Independent Baptist preachers might be wrong. I haven't been in a majority that I can recall since I've been saved, and if I found myself in one I wouldn't be comfortable. Not in these days. Not in these days in the world, and not in these days in Christianity at large, and not in these days in the terribly compromised IB movement.

THE FOLLOWING IS THE BOTTOM LINE TO ME. Everyone needs to forget me and focus on the real issue. Even if I'm wrong, my actions aren't going to destroy the very heart and soul of IB churches. But using CCM will. And promoting philosophies that support CCM will. And the refusal to hear righteous ‘criticism’ will. And demonizing godly warnings will. And worldliness will. And carnality and hypocrisy will. And Big-ism will. And Big-Manism will. And Quick Prayerism will. And Rick Warren church growth-ism will.

I do know one thing for sure. I know how to interpret Scripture and Matthew 18 has absolutely nothing to do with this matter. The very fact that so many men think it does is a warning sign to me.

May the Lord give us all great wisdom in these challenging days and more righteous courage than we have ever had.”

In Christ,
Brother Cloud

____________________________

Distributed by Way of Life Literature's Fundamental Baptist Information Service, an e-mail listing for Fundamental Baptists and other fundamentalist, Bible-believing Christians. OUR GOAL IN THIS PARTICULAR ASPECT OF OUR MINISTRY IS NOT DEVOTIONAL BUT IS TO PROVIDE INFORMATION TO ASSIST PREACHERS IN THE PROTECTION OF THE CHURCHES IN THIS APOSTATE HOUR. This material is sent only to those who personally subscribe to the list. If somehow you have subscribed unintentionally, following are the instructions for removal. The Fundamental Baptist Information Service mailing list is automated. To SUBSCRIBE, go to http://www.wayoflife.org/wayoflife/subscribe.html . TO UNSUBSCRIBE OR CHANGE ADDRESSES, go to the very bottom of any email received from us and click "Manage My Subscription." If you have any trouble with this, please let us know. We take up a quarterly offering to fund this ministry, and those who use the materials are expected to participate (Galatians 6:6) if they can. Some of the articles are from O Timothy magazine, which is in its 27th year of publication. Way of Life publishes many helpful books. The catalog is located at the web site: http://www.wayoflife.org/publications/index.html. Way of Life Literature, P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061. 866-295-4143, fbns@wayoflife.org. We do not solicit funds from those who do not agree with our preaching and who are not helped by these publications, but only from those who are. OFFERINGS can be made at http://www.wayoflife.org/wayoflife/makeanoffering.html. PAYPAL offerings can be made to https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=dcloud%40wayoflife.org

WAY OF LIFE LITERATURE SHARING POLICY: Much of our material is available for free, such as the hundreds of articles at the Way of Life web site. Other items we sell to help fund our very expensive literature, video, and foreign church planting ministry. Way of Life’s content falls into two categories: sharable and non-sharable. Things that we encourage you to share include the audio sermons, video presentations, O Timothy magazine, and FBIS articles. You are free to make copies of these at your own expense and share them with friends and family. You are also welcome to use excerpts from the articles. All we ask is that you give proper credit. Things we do not want copied and distributed freely are items like the Fundamental Baptist Digital Library, print edition of our books, PDFs of the books, etc. These items have taken years to produce at enormous expense in time and money, and we need the income from the sale of these to help fund the ministry. We trust that your Christian honesty will preserve the integrity of this policy.

...

Powered by web analytics software.


...
...

No comments:

Post a Comment