And madest known unto them thy holy sabbath,
and commandedst them precepts, statutes, and laws,
by the hand of Moses thy servant:
Nehemiah 9:14 (King James Bible)
And here began the age of the Law!
**According to the Scofield Reference Bible** A dispensation is a period of time which is identified by its relation to some particular purpose of God. As used in the Greek New Testament, the word is OIKONOMIA (Strong’s No. 3622) and is defined as a stewardship, administration, management, direction, arrangement, order, or plan.
Here the Seven Dispensations:
1. The Age of Innocence, from the creation of Adam and Eve until they fell into sin.
2. The Age of Conscience, from the fall into sin to Noah’s flood.
3. The Age of Human Government, from Noah to Abraham.
4. The Age of Promise, from Abraham to Moses.
5. The Age of Law, from Moses to Christ.
6. The Age of Grace, from the death of Christ to the rapture of the Church.
7. The Age of Christ, His personal 1000 year reign, yet future.
So why is this important? We are commanded to do so! (2 Timothy 2:15)
Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth.
So here is the crux of the matter as it relates to man’s current dispensation, WE ARE NOT under the law. Therefore stop operating as such by imposing such principles as tithing [which only THIEVES, IMPOSTORS, WOLVES IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING will demand, right from the pulpit, making FOUR COLLECTIONS A WEEK, as does Matthew Furan]! [or Sabbaths!] (“The 7 Dispensations of God & The Age of Grace ")
by Dr. Peter Ruckman