Please leave me a comment if you see any videos missing in any posts, so I may replace them if I can. Thank you!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Definition of IGNORANCE by Helga Hickman

Merriam-Webster has the Definition of IGNORANCE as, the state or fact of being ignorant: lack of knowledge, education, or awareness.


It is also said to be BLISS!
"Where ignorance is bliss, ‘Tis folly to be wise!" to be wise.”

Indeed! Much too frustrating, for sure!

Years ago I got a call from the cousin of my cousin in Brazil, who happens to live in Portugal! It was 6:20 am, and I am not too keen on carrying on conversations when my sleep has been interrupted!

I have no recollection of the reason for this call, but clearly remember being assured by her that the Niagara Falls, NY, where it is I had lived for well over two dozen years, by that time was actually Canada, and not USA, and was clearly mistaken to think differently! Yes, this lady was an adult at the time!

Then today I get this call from the same cousin's other cousin, who lives in Brazil, who informs me that the reason for the war in Iraq was that we needed to use the weapons we had in storage rather than let them rust! Yes, he too, is an adult!

Mind you, Brazil is only exposed to liberal media! Brazil and the world, I dare say!

I have lived throughout the world, and been in more countries than I can count on both hands, and must say that, for the most part, I have absolutely no want to ever revisit most, and Brazil is certainly one of them! I don't think my brain could survive being told exactly with what it is I "have not kept up that takes place in the United States of America" (I am quoting!), albeit the caveat is that I much bemoan the fact that I am a "newsaholic," and were it possible, I'd watch news 24 hours a day, even having the username on a site of FoxNewsAddict!

Small wonder there be so much hatred for this country that has done so much for the world! Envy is indeed a bitter pill!! I view such ingratitude as being tantamount to treason to humanity, itself!

Right now I have to go soak my head so the remembrance of this may dissipate in the foamy waters of my whirlpool!

God have mercy on us!!

A word fitly spoken
is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 25:11 (King James Bible)


...


...
...

No comments:

Post a Comment